Monday 21 November 2011

The Matchbox Art Show


Me and 50 other artists are taking part in The Matchbox Art Show in Hove this weekend and the weekend after. If your around the Brighton area you should check it out. I thought creating something small enough fit in a matchbox would be really easy but making something that small is surprisingly hard! My artwork was inspired by this photo of Mabel Stark and one of her tigers.



The Matchbox Art Show
Polish & Pin
23 Wilbury Gardens
Hove

26-27th November & 3-4 December 2011

3 comments:

Marloes de Vries said...

Lovely work Karin! I've been thinking of doing something with matchboxes for years now. I started a series in art school and never finished it. Just the inspiration I needed, thanks!

I just found your work through Pinterest. Amazing stuff!

Karin Söderquist said...

Thanks so much Marloes. I'm looking forward to seeing your matchbox!

Åsa said...

Jätte fint Karin!